Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Is it normal to get progressively less happy with your achievements?

Hi everyone, I'm 22F 158cm and lost 25kgs in the past year. I went from 82kg to 57kg. I'm now at a healthy weight.

But I still see a fat person in the mirror and it's getting worse. At first I was really happy about my achievement and liked the way I looked. But the past few months I've been maintaining weight, and as time progresses, I am less happy about myself. A theory I have is that when I was losing weight, I took lots of pictures and was able to see my progress really well. So even if I wasn't healthy yet, I was already really proud because of the difference. But now there hasn't been any weight loss in so long, meaning my body has not changed. And I keep seeing the same thing, it's not special anymore. I genuinely feel fat again and I don't know what to do to make these thoughts go away. Are these thoughts a normal thing to happen for someone in my situation? My boyfriend says maybe I should start exercising, which is something I definitely want to do. But I don't think that's going to fix my broken self image. Because when I was 80kg I also thought that if I could weigh under 60kg that I would be so happy, and I'm not. So I don't think exercising is going to fix my self image. A temporary fix maybe, I don't know. I just want to know if anyone else feels the same or if anyone has gone through something similiar. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/StarnyArt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mV4DwN

No comments:

Post a Comment