Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Convince me to take a cheat day, please & thanks!

Hey there! To summarize; I started at 363lbs about 1 year and 2 months ago. I'm currently at 216lbs, and my goal is 176-187. At first, this was just accomplished through daily Intermittent Fasting + Keto + CI/CO, but I've been jogging for the past 8 or so months and have been ramping up the frequency of that over time. For the past 3 months, I've been building muscle at the gym, and maintaining my metabolism through a healthy, 6 days / week activity routine and daily posture stretching. I look great, I feel even better, and I'm averaging 1.3-1.8 pounds lost per week.

Thing is, I haven't had a cheat day in about... 9 or so months? And I've been craving pizza & a soda for so, so long. I know I have the mental discipline that a cheat day won't really throw me off balance and make me start having them often (or at all), as I'd previously had them and haven't relapsed into junk food or anything.

Problem is, I know it stagnates the weight loss for about a week when on Keto while the body resets. I wouldn't change my caloric intake, but the heavy surge of carbs would definitely make that scale pause for a little while to accommodate water weight.

Because of that reason, while I'd had cheat days before, I'd felt so dumb for having had them that I'd just ended up wishing I didn't. Once the food is gone, I end up feeling the same, so a momentary little 30 minutes of a certain taste over another certain taste in my mouth isn't worth the trade-off of seeing that sweet number go down.

I just wanna have a couple slices of pizza and a can of soda and let myself enjoy that, man. Shit.

submitted by /u/aratakism
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/t9fao5s

No comments:

Post a Comment