Tuesday, May 9, 2023

How did you pick your goal weights? What do your numbers mean to you?

I’m posting this because I’m interested in reading your comments. r/loseit requires me to use a certain amount of characters so I’m going to write a bunch of words.

The last time I went to the doctor I weighed in at 266. I’m only 5’7”, so that’s high. BMI over 40, stage III obesity. I Also am now pre diabetic. It’s possible to have a BMI of over 40 and be healthy, but I’m not. I was taken off a psych drug that had metabolic effects. I am suddenly not hungry. I’m trying to be conscious of what I am eating but don’t feel like I am making sacrifices. I’ve lost over 20 pounds. I kind of don’t believe my home scale.

I found myself at urgent care today. The had a scale so I weighed myself. I was exactly 250 with the small slider all the way to zero. I was wearing clothes so it’s probably closer to 247 all hydrated. It felt so good to be off that 250 mark.

I feel silly having a goal weight, because I don’t want to jinx my progress. I just want to focus on the practice and not the destination. That said my first goal weight is 230. That’s the weight I was when I started to loss weight the last time as well as 20 years ago when I was a fat teenager. That’s what used to be too fat for me.

My next goal is 199. That was the weight I got down to last weight loss journey. I would be completely happy to reach that weight and stay that weight. It’s still a BMI that is considered obese but it’s way way healthier than where I am now.

My next goal would be 172, that’s what I weighted when I was young and I shape. That’s the weight I was when I met my wife. It’s still technically overweight. I would not mind reaching below 25 BMI for the first time in my adult life at 159 pounds.

Since they took me off the meds my appetite is gone. It’s very easy to eat 1500 calories every day. I will only go below 172 if I still don’t feel like eating. I just suspect that once my body adjusts I will return to a slightly larger appetite.

submitted by /u/FatFuckInATacoTruck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1GolR9F

No comments:

Post a Comment