Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Sometimes I feel like I get unnecessarily frustrated with other people who say they want to lose weight.

I started my weight loss journey essentially Thanksgiving of last year. Im 29 and started at 240 and am now currently 185. I began it after feeling like my body was shutting on me and it scared me into action. I’ve learned a lot and found out things that work for me and things that don’t. It’s been the best and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.

However, as my weight loss has become apparent to others I’ve been getting a lot of people asking for advice. I usually tell them that the biggest thing for me is just having the commitment to learn and find the right things for the individual. My problem is that often times people seem to almost handwave that away and then talk about that they’re just going to start working out a couple of times a week or do some hardcore program to lose it fast.

And I don’t want to take away anybody’s experience with starting out because I know it’s different for everyone but I just feel like so many people want a quick easy solution rather than the dedication serious weight loss requires. If it was possible for me to get to my goal weight in a month or 2 I’d do it in a heartbeat but it’s a process and a long one at that. Just because my weight loss is noticeable doesn’t mean it just magically happened. I’d love to help anybody that is serious about their goals but I also don’t want what I’ve done to be belittled because I’m proud of it and have worked my ass off for it.

submitted by /u/AsianEgo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/srHeVco

No comments:

Post a Comment