Saturday, May 6, 2023

How do I convince my GF that diet is the most important factor in weight loss?

So my gf really wants to lose weight. She has lost about 20 lbs from 2020-2021, but none since we have met a bit over a year ago now. She does not believe that her diet is very important when losing weight.

Just to be very clear, she is overweight. I have absolutely no issues with how she looks but we are considering some very long term plans together and I would love her to be healthy and active with me.

For a little more background I used to weigh 280lbs and dropped down to 205 in about a year. I lost weight through a simple calorie deficit and all I really cut was the super calorie-dense foods that I would eat before. I have been just maintaining since losing that 75lbs but I am 100% willing to keep losing weight with her as I could still stand to drop another 20lbs or so.

She watches her diet a little bit but she is convinced that her working out 5+ days a week is the only way for her to lose weight. 5 days a week is NOT maintainable for her. She will go on 1 or 2 week kicks where she will work out close to every day and lose 1-2 lbs in that 2 weeks but then she stops working out and most of the time she gains it right back.

Here is the big problem: She will not admit that her diet is a problem. I never try to be too pushy but she will eat 800 calories 1 day and the very next day she will consume 3000+ and then she asks me why she doesn’t lose weight consistently. I tell her she needs a more consistent diet and she always goes back to working out because “it’s the only way she loses weight.”

Please help me figure out how to help her see that diet is the biggest factor in weight loss

submitted by /u/oilngastrash
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6WbAjuC

No comments:

Post a Comment