Monday, May 1, 2023

I met my first weight loss goal!

Hi all, wanted to share a goal I achieved recently. My starting weight was 16st 5 pounds/103kg, and I am 5 ft3. My old BMI was 40.5, so not great. I started weight loss earlier this year because I turn 30 this year (in May infact this month), and I wanted to start getting healthier as I get older. But I’m also a trans man: I wanted to lose weight to qualify for gender conforming surgery (top surgery), and the surgeon I wanted to go with doesn’t do surgery on people with a 40+ BMI.

It’s now the start of May, and I’ve lost 13 pounds, and I now weigh 15st 6 pounds/98kg, and my BMI is now 38. I know that’s not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things/in 4 months, and I’m still obese, but I’ve struggled with eating/losing weight all my life, so I consider this an achievement. But what’s great is that I had my surgery consultation recently and I’ve been given the go-ahead for surgery as I’m no longer a 40+ BMI and, bizarrely enough, the surgery is the day after my 30th birthday. I couldn’t be happier! I know I’ve still got a long way to go (goal weight is 11st), but going to the gym should be a much easier goal once I’ve recovered and I’m more comfortable being there lol. Feeling very optimistic for the future and getting to my goal weight and healthier.

submitted by /u/firetruck12345
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zbQ7CiG

No comments:

Post a Comment