Friday, January 3, 2020

How to stay motivated when people are saying I don’t need to lose weight?

Hello all! I started changing my lifestyle about 2 weeks ago. I’m down about 4 pounds and feeling pretty motivated! However, I have people in my life telling me things that make me feel invalidated. I am 5’3’’ and I currently weigh 184 lbs. I know I carry it well and it’s in “all the right places” (so I keep being told 🙄) but I don’t feel healthy. From a medical standpoint I am not healthy. My BMI is too high and my doctor has encouraged weight loss for awhile now. I really don’t appreciate my friends and family telling me I look fine and don’t need to lose weight. My goal is 140 pounds, which will put me in the normal BMI range. I’m starting to feel like the people in my life saying these things A) don’t really care about my health or B) are jealous that I’m working towards my goal. If anyone has been on the receiving end of comments like this, how did you stay motivated?

submitted by /u/ouchitforrealburns
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35mQY63

No comments:

Post a Comment