Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Have you been lurking in this sub, are obese, and are too anxiety ridden to join a gym? Me too!

Hi everyone!

I'm (F) 20 years old and weigh 213 pounds. I could go on and on about how much I loath myself and my body for everything it is and isn't, but I'll try my best to be brief and positive :).

I've been obese as far back as I can remember. In fact, I could probably summarize my life in a series of all the times I said I would make a change. Possibly one of my biggest gripes with taking the plunge and signing up to a gym is my lack of external support and my debilitating social anxiety. But I'm tired, tired of the fear and the excuses. Tired of the near constant fatigue and the shame of turning away from every mirror and camera around me. Tired of having only enough energy to get out of bed and into the kitchen then into bed again. I want to change. I want to be better. I need to change and I need to be better.

Cards on the table, I have a hard time with accountability. I was raised in such a way that I was never taught, well, allowed to be self-reliant. I truly don't believe I will be successful losing weight on my own. I do, however, feel it would be marvelous to have a weight loss buddy. I would positively love to have a workout friend. We could get memberships together and watch our bodies transform into something wonderful.

If this appeals to you and you find yourself relating to this post, I would be delighted to hear from you. I live in Brooklyn, NY so being local would likely be best for obvious reasons. Hope to hear from you <3!

submitted by /u/kneecapforsale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GHoGfJ

No comments:

Post a Comment