Tuesday, October 20, 2020

It's ok to lose very slowly (e.g. 1/2 lb a week) if that is what is sustainable for you, especially closer to your goal

I've had to tell myself the title of this post because I can't even find much in the way of motivating articles searching online. Slow loss is usually defined as 1-2 lbs a week. Especially when closer to your goal, that can be tough to sustain.

Circumstances are tough for me right now and I'm sure that's true for many of you during the pandemic. Any amount of sustainable weight loss is good. It's progress. When I've tried to do even a pound a week, I end up binging and gaining it back. Half a pound is working. Don't let the internet try to tell you that's not enough.

I have a nursing toddler, strong cravings, and 2 other kids home with me nearly all the time right now. I gained weight back during quarantine I'd slowly lost over several months. Now I've lost 5 again. It's even slower than last time, but I'm not quitting! I had a small NSV of fitting back into an old pair of pants today, though they give me a little muffin top. Still... Progress!

At this rate it will take me approximately 6 months to get to the weight I feel pretty good at and a year to get to my ideal. That's OK! It will happen this way and I don't think it would if I did it at a rate that's not sustainable for me!

submitted by /u/humanistbeing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IQmrrF

No comments:

Post a Comment