Tuesday, February 2, 2021

I've gone from 450 to 250 lbs - but I'm worried about my knees and exercising

I'm on a bit of a weight loss journey right now. I'm down 200 lbs so far, mostly by just not eating like an absolute donkey all the time.

I've been stuck at my current weight for far too long, lost 200 lbs in two years and now I've been stuck at 250 for about a year. I've decided to start up again and fix my remaining issues regarding overeating. I've also started biking indoors for 30 minutes a day, this is a recent thing - just been doing it for a few weeks.

I've got two questions.

In regards to indoor biking, is it better to up the resistance and aim for 30 minutes or should I instead try to go XX minutes consistently while not feeling like I'm about to fall over at the end? Currently I've been upping the resistance but maybe I'm suffering unnecessarily? Obviously resistance + time equals calories burned but I'm not sure if there's an established 'best way' of going to where I want to go. I'd like to build some cardio and extra strength, but I'm not sure what the best path from A to B is.

I've got some shitty knees. No pain at all right now, thankfully, but the sounds they give off are more reminiscent to that of a combine processing a particularly troublesome harvest. Especially when I get up off my knees. How worried should I be at this point? I dream about being able to run 10k one day, but I'm not sure how my past misadventures will impact that. Is picking up running a recipe for disaster or can i strengthen my knees in a way that will make a difference?

submitted by /u/Yer_a_Redneck_Harley
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YzkcgL

No comments:

Post a Comment