Sunday, January 9, 2022

21F looking to lose 100+ lb and would love an accountability buddy!

Hey! :)

I'd love to have an accountability buddy/friend so we can motivate each other throughout this long process!

A bit about me -- I'm 21F, 5'8", and 285 lb (low key maybe 290 lb now after the holidays though!) and have been overweight ever since I can remember. My goal is to lose 100 lb (eventually more but I will re-evaluate once I get there), and more specifically my goals are to overcome emotional eating as a coping mechanism/crutch to stress, which is probably my biggest challenge (especially as a premed college student with omnipresent stress). Short term, my goal is to make it past the 6 month mark in my weight loss journey. I've never even made it past 3-4 months of trying to lose weight before quitting (the mid-semester stress always gets to me), so just sticking with it for one whole semester at all would be a huge success for me and a great motivator to keep going. So ultimately I hope to become a more mindful eater and be consistent in those good habits of self-awareness. It would be great to find someone who might share similar challenges as I do and/or who is also looking to lose a similar amount of weight and is maybe sort of close in age ish.

I love my friends, but none of them have ever been overweight so it's hard for me to open up to them and talk to them about these struggles. I would love to have someone to talk to about this stuff who may be facing similar challenges they want to overcome, so that we can mutually support each other. My ideal buddy is someone who wants to check in at least every other day, send each other pics of our food, weekly weight updates, support and celebrate each other through everyday challenges and successes, and keep each other accountable for sticking to the respective goals we each have set for ourselves, whether that be workouts or developing certain habits or avoiding certain food triggers or whatever it may be.

If you’re out there and on a similar journey to me, I’d love to see if we click!

submitted by /u/gonewiththewing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f58v9V

No comments:

Post a Comment