Monday, January 3, 2022

I am finally in the middle of Beginning my weight loss journey!

As nonsensical as the title sounds, I mean exactly what it conveys.

I am a 22( F ) who began a PhD program this fall. As a life sciences student I have always known the importance of health but these last 5 months was a test of time with new beginnings in a new country, first time away from home, and me being a vegetarian- struggling and learning to cook and eat regularly. Snacking was so much easier and I had got into an unhealthy eating pattern for sure. Looking back, I know now that it would inevitably lead anyone to my current situation.

Last month my period skipped. This was the opposite of what I expected since the month before, I had had severe pain on the first day so much so that I had to reschedule a midterm. When I came back home, I went to the doc to get it checked, and my three month hba1c revealed I am borderline pre-diabetic and scans revealed that I had a small number of cysts kinda like early stage pcos. (The docs also mentioned that it was stress induced and I neednt worry and just have to reduce my weight).

My mum has always been encouraging me to follow healthy diet habits and my dad even got out of the pre-diabetic stage with the help of diet and exercise too.

And now I finally got the push I needed to start taking care of myself. The first semester was hard, and I was missing home a lot, the loneliness was killing me inside and the new environment was nice but I didn’t know hoe to manage it all.

Bit joining this subreddit and 2 others gave me an idea of how things work and I am going to do my best to cultivate better habits this upcoming semester, count calories, set exercise goals that I actually complete and make sure I cook and eat better. I hope to stay accountable and hence typed it all in this post.

TL;DR: New grad student ready to begin losing weight in a healthy and conscious manner.

submitted by /u/bookbutterfly1999
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3EMWP63

No comments:

Post a Comment