Monday, January 3, 2022

I am shocked but I needed to be

I went through a major weight loss journey 4 years ago and was working to maintain when I stopped weighing myself in April 2020 during the first lockdown. I realised all the media around home work outs and glow ups, alongside having nothing else to focus on, were severely affecting my mental health. I was down to allowing myself only 800 calories and day along with 2 daily workouts. So I quit weighing myself and tried to relax. I got into a relationship later that year and we now blissfully live together. I’ve never been happier but i was aware I had put on weight and when we went back to the office none of my work clothes really fit but I just shrugged it off. Everyone just called it happiness weight, lockdown pounds, everyone gains weight when they’re in love. Now I don’t want to buy myself a whole new wardrobe so I wanted to get on the ‘New Year, New Me’ bandwagon and keep myself accountable.

I weighed myself today and I am shocked. This is the heaviest I have ever weighed, even before I started my last weight loss journey. I’m horrified, disappointed in myself, and scared I might end up falling into restrictive habits again.

But I want to be accountable so as a long time lurker I want to do this right. F27, H: 164cm CW: 89.7kg GW: 60kg

Wish me luck, any help/ advice appreciated

submitted by /u/ragnarokable
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3FR5R3w

No comments:

Post a Comment