Sunday, January 9, 2022

Losing weight while starting/on antidepressants

I have basically always been significantly overweight. A few years ago I managed to get close to a healthy weight, but then I ruptured a disc, had a botched surgery, and gained it all back.

Jump forward a few years. I’m now 37m, 280, 6’3”, with a permanently bad back that doesn’t completely prevent physical activity but definitely inhibits rigorous exercise and weight lifting.

I have a bunch of problems in addition to the weight, in that I am dealing with trying to slow or stop drinking and, after many years of significant depression that has gotten materially worse in the last 6 months or so, I am starting an antidepressant regime (Zoloft and Welbutrin). Obviously a lot of stuff out there says Zoloft leads to weight gain, though my psychiatrist has said that in the case of Zoloft it seems to be more attributable to increased appetite/tiredness, as opposed to physiological changes like a hit to metabolism.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to manage weight loss when trying to do so many things at once? I appreciate that overloading is a cause of failure but all of these things are inter-related for me so I can’t really try to hit one at a time.

submitted by /u/StartOverForSomeHope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f8mPia

No comments:

Post a Comment