Saturday, January 8, 2022

Military goal success!

I don't know if this is the place but I just want somewhere to have a small celebration, Today I hit my weight loss goal. I have always been fitness minded but I've never needed nor tried to lose weight. So over the years I have learned the path but never walked it until recently.

General Stats: 5'5 tall, 26y/o, Male, 163lb - 153lb

Goal: I have been talking to a military recruiter who informed me I needed to be under 155lb, regardless of fitness levels, at my height to qualify. I was given one month to lose minimum 10 lbs from starting weight.

History/method to loseit: I have a good amount of muscle and maybe started around 23% bodyfat, so with calculations done, I needed 1000 calorie deficit to meet the goal. I changed my training from muscle building to maintenance grade and focused on calorie burning exercises(treadmill, rower, bike) along with other misc. for fun; this likely increased my calorie deficit around 300-500 a day. Diet was the biggest factor going from 2300 maintenance, I set 1100 for the first half and 1300 calories for the second half, after reviewing how I was feeling physiologically. This allowed a 1200 and 1000 calorie deficit consistently, equating just about perfectly to 2lb loss per week. 5 weeks later, I am down 10lbs.

tldr Method: 1100 calories food intake, 1-1.5 hours cardio a day

Food:

I was not hungry much during this venture. Periodically yes but not for more than a hour per day(mornings) and was minor. I counted calories and ate plenty of high volume low calorie foods. An

Example of a day:

Breakfast - Sugar Free coffee(sweetener), a stalk of celery, 2 Salmon Rice-cakes with romaine lettuce tops. (total: 240 Cal)

Lunch - 150g Homemade Spaghetti w/ beef-sauce, 1.6 cups garlic-butter peas & Corn, 1 cup Mashed Cauliflower, 1 slice butter toast, 4 stalks of celery(I like celery). (Total: 373 Cal)

Dinner - 150g black-eyed peas and ham, 1.5 Tilapia Fillets, 1 t h i c slice of bacon, 1 cup of peas, 1/3 cup mashed cauliflower (Total: 477 Cal)

Total Calories in 1 day: 1090 Calories

I varied between different types of meats and vegetables each day, and often would have afternoon or evening snacks as needed.

Final Word:

This is a crash Diet I went on, it is not sustainable and should not be used by most. Even further because I have a background of bodybuilding-style training with decent muscle, this process is way faster for me than those who haven't trained.

Losing weight comes down to math, if you are struggling, reassess your math. Calorie Intake or Expenditure. Don't trust exercise machines listed calories.

submitted by /u/Somvrah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33ePFKM

No comments:

Post a Comment