Saturday, January 1, 2022

Should I give up mfp and zero? Can I still lose weight without them?

20F, 90kg, 170cm Hi, I have been trying to lose weight since I was a child. I have tried every diet you can think of. I’ve been counting calories religiously and I’m very much aware that I don’t eat under a deficit and my overall week total is way over because I binge regularly.

Last time I lost weight, I did by doing 20-22 hour fasts regularly and counting calories and staying under 1200. This naturally made me very sick but I lost around 10 kg and gained 70% of it back. I’ve been stuck since then.

I struggle with keeping my thoughts out of food, and regularly visit proana sites to get triggered. I do engage in some disordered behaviours (c&p). My thyroid levels are also not in the ideal range and my maintenance which should be 2200 is 1700-1800 calories, if I eat more than that I gain weight :(

My bf thinks my stress levels are the reason I binge and cannot make any progress.

I got told that I should prioritise my happiness as a new year resolution and it made me think that it might only be possible if I stop all these ways that make me feel guilt (mfp, zero, tumblr, reddit (sorry but some of these weight loss sites have very triggering content)

But I don’t want to stay fat and I want to lose weight and be healthy and strong and happy. This sounds more like a rant but I genuinely need help to know if I can lose weight without fasting or counting calories or following a diet.

Thank you.

TLDR: how to lose weight without counting cals or fasting for a person who struggles with guilt?

submitted by /u/neverminditsallcrap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3JJwOIT

No comments:

Post a Comment