Monday, May 8, 2023

ADHD and the battle with weight loss. Tricks and tips?

Hi all, been following this sub for a quite a long while, but (I think) this is my first time posting in it.

Something I always struggled with personally was weight loss - keeping up with exercise and eating healthy and all that jazz. Recently I've been looking down the barrel of an ADHD diagnosis after a lot of discussion with my psychologist (and potentially a low level ASD one) and it sort makes sense as to some of the struggles (meanwhile thinking I've just been lazy).

So people who are diagnosed ADHD and/or ASD. What do you use for tricks to get around your executive dysfunction? What are ways of getting the healthy foods into you that your brain feels like pterodactyl screeching at you because of texture aversions?

I know I personally had less trouble with going to gym when I was taking my (now 7) son to childcare which was a 2 minute drive from the gym, because I was already out and about, I just had to be in the gym gear ready to go. I'd spend anywhere from an hour to an hour and half doing a mix of cardio and weight training, and for the most part, I'd always enjoy it. I've got sound knowledge on how to do the exercises with all the machines and how they affect the muscles, etc. I even bought myself some simple hand weights for here at home but the brain goes fully into object permeance (or a lack thereof) and even though the weight box literally sits next to my PC (which I work at) I forget they're even there.

Couple this with a tendency to want to snack on the unhealthy foods that I'm craving throughout the day, and it's a recipe for disaster. I managed to make the switch from full sugar soft drink to zero sugar ones, and at the bare minimum it helped me not gain any more weight, but I know for a fact that I needed to be doing the exercise to lose the weight.

Any tips and tricks that have helped you, no matter how silly or small, please let me know. I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Minor disclaimer: I'm not exercising at the moment because I'm 28 weeks pregnant with twins, but I want to get back into it after recovering from birth, so I'm gathering tricks and tips for my newfound knowledge that after 35 years my brain is just a douche and doesn't want to give me dopamine.

submitted by /u/KirimaeCreations
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wOTlsrh

No comments:

Post a Comment