Monday, May 8, 2023

counting calories is putting me in a very unwell headspace

so i used to have an eating disorder in my teens, and have been recovered for at least 6 years now. i maintained a healthy average weight for those years but over the past year i've packed on enough pounds to the point where i'm considered mildly overweight for my height. i'm going to be in my sister's wedding in september and i want to lose at least 10 pounds in a healthy manner so i look good in my dress. this obviously means i need to do basic dieting things like counting calories, which i am, but i feel myself slipping into very dangerous waters doing so. all i think about is calories all day everyday, and when i log food into my weight loss app i feel like throwing up just seeing how many calories the food im eating has. i was taught NOT to look at calories during my recovery, but that was when i was trying to gain weight and fix my relationship with food, and now i have to log them in order to lose weight consistently. is there ANY advice someone can give me? is there a method to losing weight without counting calories?

submitted by /u/justpassingbysorry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aV7RgrQ

No comments:

Post a Comment