Friday, May 5, 2023

Bad women’s anatomy and weight loss struggles..

First of all, I’m here to vent. Sorry for the long post, but as the title says, sometimes I think we get screwed by nature. When I think about hormone issues, childbirth, and monthly bleeding for almost half of our lives, I can't help but wonder what us poor women did to deserve all of these. And that's exactly where my problem starts. Since I don't usually have much of a sweet tooth, I manage to cut my daily calories pretty good without starving myself UNTIL I get my damn period. All my 4 weeks of healthy eating, working out, and calorie deficit goes down the drain in the next 6 days. What's worse is that I'm completely healthy, even though I suffer from disgusting cramps, bleed longer than usual, and gobble up anything -especially sweets- like a bottomless pit during my period. Just today, when I was confident and said that I would not go through the same cycle this month, and then I swallowed a huge glass of double chocolate oatmilk-shake with whipped cream 😭 Yes, I was almost as happy as if I had just had an orgasm, but even if I pull up my tights and run now until there is no breath left in my lungs, it won't change the fact that I have overloaded myself with empty calories today. I know I don’t need to exercise in order to deserve food and I'm grateful that there is food on my table but I haven't been this close to my goal in a long time. I love seeing the change in myself in the mirror and the saddest thing is that this time I'm not eating because I can't control myself. It's like my body needs to be on a sugar-dope during my stupid period. It was also the same before I started to lose weight, but back then I didn't have healthy 3 pre-period weeks like I have now. At that time, I ate whatever I wanted and didn't care about calories, which is why I gained weight in the first place. When I started the my fitness journey, I thought at least I could take advantage of the crisis and eat dates or something healthier and nourishing with high sugar, but having sorbitol intolerance didn't make it easy for me. I guess if I don’t like any fruits except strawberries for 25 years, I won't automatically like them now. I think I'll stick to chocolate, and as long as it hits the right level of sugar, I’m good but why TF does my body betray me for a week when I normally don't give a shit about sweets? I'm drawn to anything sweet, and it's not that I'm addicted to food and can't stop myself from eating it. It’s that I simply crave sugar even when I don't feel like it. If I had any health issues, at least I wouldn't have to attribute it to “bad female anatomy” like misogynistic men who still live in the 50s and believe that men will be unemployed soon because now women go into the workforce too 🤡 Unfortunately the only explanation I've found so far is that being a woman is sometimes the same as being cursed. Vent is over. Thank you for your time. If you don't have these problems, or more importantly, if you don’t bleed every month and don’t have to pay pink tax even for your monthly necessities, just be grateful, go and thank someone who has been through this shit for their services.

submitted by /u/IFuckingHateMyBelly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZbLFo6m

No comments:

Post a Comment