Friday, May 5, 2023

Keeping weight off long term

As I'm nearing my goal weight, I've been thinking and reading a lot more about keeping the weight off permanently. I read very often stories of people who gain the weight back after entering sedentary jobs or work from home; really anything that keeps them from moving. I currently exercise (not super heavy) but I am able to keep the weight off even if I'm doing nothing. I know exercise is very important for your health and can let you eat more, but I think that if you are able to not gain weight while being sedentary you are prepared for any situation where you might become more sedentary.

By training your diet under sedentary or light exercise conditions, I honestly think you set yourself up for greater future success. Heavy workouts are hard to keep up, especially when you look at decades in the future with families and jobs.

I also think it's important to be flexible. Don't lock yourself in to some niche diet that is difficult to keep up with. By being able to adjust your diet to varying activity levels and foods, you become more adaptable to future conditions that may make people gain weight.

Now, everyone keep in mind, you know you better than I ever could. Weight loss is intimate and personal, and I think everyone has their own unique experience that isn't transferable to everybody.

Good luck, and keep it up everyone!

submitted by /u/PRETZLZ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LrpJXiV

No comments:

Post a Comment