Monday, May 1, 2023

Caffeine vs Weight Loss

Hello all,

I'm writing as someone trying to lose weight. I'm at 250 / 6'0" and I'm very active with Cardio, not very active with lifting. Minimal workout lifting, but I'll do a 30-40 miles bike run or 1 hour + Cardio session on eliptical. Endurance is not an issue.

I drink a LOT of caffeine. I recently started reading that Caffeine raises Cortisol, which affects fat storage (I never read that side of it before). I also read (and assumed) that caffeine does boost metabolism quite a bit, but I never heard that it can raise cortisol which affects fat storage / carb usage.

What is the split on this? To maximize weight loss, should I CUT OUT caffeine? Does cutting OUT caffeine slow down metabolism enough that it's a net LOSS of metabolic rate? Is there a SWEET SPOT that you should not exceed on caffeine consumption?

Help and insight is appreciated everyone! Thanks!

submitted by /u/jkeegan123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/igS2POJ

No comments:

Post a Comment