Monday, May 1, 2023

Does metabolism slow as you age or is this an urban legend?

I'm a 42 year old man and have not been on a diet in many years but now I am trying to lose 30 pounds. I'm finding it a lot harder than I did 10 years ago. The weight is not coming off so fast. I am wondering if metabolism slowing as you age is the culprit.

I had always thought metabolism slowing as we age was closer to an urban legend as it’s calories in calories out that is essentially what makes us lose or gain weight and my difficulty losing weight in the timeframe I want this time around is due to other factors more in my control such as reducing my calorie intake further.

So I am wondering if it is true that metabolism slows as you age and any anecdotes about this. Cheers and best wishes with your weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/cheesomacitis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dDAszmB

No comments:

Post a Comment