Thursday, May 4, 2023

I think I just got more compliments today than I have in the like last 5 years combined

This is going to be a bit of a brag, but I actually feel good about myself and wanted to write it out somewhere, so please forgive the indulgence.

The last few weeks, I haven't been quite as diligent about watching calories so instead of losing weight, I've hit a bit of a plateau. I know that's perfectly normally, but still a bit demoralizing... Today, however, I saw a bunch of former coworkers I haven't seen since I started my weight loss journey and and pretty much without fail they pointed out how good I was looking! Like 10 different people!

It feels like my overall shape is the same except shrunk a bit so when I look in the mirror, I still just see a blob so this felt pretty damn good. Getting new clothing that actually fits (XXXL -> XL shirts and 50"->40" waist) and wearing a compression shirt underneath are cheat codes to help make my weight loss more noticeable and I absolutely took advantage of that, but it's still because of the work I've put in over the past 9 months and I feel fucking proud. Still lots to do, but I'll be living off this high for months to come.

350->257, GW of 189 (ideally by August 2024, but as long as I'm making progress, I don't care how long it'll take)

submitted by /u/Gr3ylock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/miOhV3z

No comments:

Post a Comment