Thursday, May 4, 2023

How can I help my partner on their weight loss journey?

My partner (30, 6’, 300lb) is clearly overweight.

This might be a somewhat controversial post, because I’m trying to help someone that doesn’t really want to help themself. They absolutely would want to lose weight and take care of their health, but here’s the deal: they work two jobs because they’re trying to get out of debt, and they are in a very low depressive episode (dealing with depression for a few years already). So there’s not only the trouble with finding time or money, but more importantly their mental health issues are not allowing them the energy.

Their doctor already said that unless they do lifestyle changes, and try to track their calories for at least one month, there’s really nothing he can do.

I’ve been trying to cook some healthier options for them to take to work, meal prepping and stuff, but they end up feeling hungry and buying something at work (which I get, when I was working full time and studying I also had trouble not getting fast food because it’s convenient and yummy).

I’d appreciate if we don’t talk about “discipline” and stuff like that, because people that suffer/have suffered from depression know that it’s not that simple, and top that with having to work 2 exhausting jobs. I am looking for tips or ideas of things that I could do, since I have more time and energy, to help my partner.

submitted by /u/petaleraspberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sbT1nKL

No comments:

Post a Comment