Thursday, May 4, 2023

One thing that you might not be prepared for when losing weight…

Is the amount of disappointment that you’ll get from those closest to you. I had to give back the shorts that my mom gave to me last summer, which I had finally fit in after being obese for so long.

Instead of being happy or at least supportive with my progress, she said I was looking sick and going overboard. When I hit 140 this past December, she told me not to go lower, and I was confused because at that weight, I was barely in the healthy range. In fact, she would rather have me at 145 lbs, which is a BMI of around 24.9 for my height.

I’m not trying to continue to lose weight for aesthetic reasons or because I think I look ugly, but because I enjoy fitness and want to become stronger and leaner. But she continues to say that I look sickly and that I’m starving myself, when I’m only in a -500 calorie deficit of around 1450 calories, which doesn’t make me tired.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what other people think about my journey. People’s perception of what a healthy weight should be is very skewed because of the rise of obesity. Plus, being obese most of my teen years, it’s probably shocking to see me at a normal weight for my height.

Don’t let what those closest to you hurt your progress or stop you from achieving what you want with your weight loss journey, and remember that you got this!

submitted by /u/astraIia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OC40Kdl

No comments:

Post a Comment