Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Women of loseit: IUD Removal & Weight Loss?

I keep hearing and reading studies that weight gain from birth control is not really a thing. But I got my IUD out last week after years of being on Mirana. Things that have changed:

• my flora scent is completely gone (tmi, sorry, not weight related, but a huge relief) • my jaw line is now visible • I have dropped bloat all across my body • there is no longer constant pinching and cramping in my stomach • my mood has stabilized to a neutral vs a high/irritable state or sad • example: I haven’t cried since I got it out (I was crying daily—and I found out my gpa has Alzheimer’s since getting it removed & I didn’t break down) • my sugar/food cravings have DISAPPEARED. Like I literally NEEDED ice cream, sweet tea, cookie dough, fast food or I would be in a panic. Almost daily. It was pure hell to avoid carbs/sugar. Now, I’m a little sad that food is not bringing me the dopamine hit it was, but I’m super thankful. • I am more motivated to do things. I was just like, “hey, imma mow the grass today.” And I actually did.

So my question at this point is how am I not going to lose weight when I’m feeling 1000 times better and my hormone cravings are down and energy is up?

Anyone have personal experiences with this? Nothing else has changed and I was not anticipating positive results from IUD removal (we want kids soon) so I don’t think it’s a placebo effect).

submitted by /u/Suspicious_Excuse_55
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FTmCcae

No comments:

Post a Comment