Tuesday, July 25, 2023

100+lbs lost, this is what I gained

Hello! I’ve been on reddit for a couple years but never joined in or posted things. Just been lurking and appreciating in silence. A few days ago, I posted for the first time and received so much kind words.

I wanted to share my journey of losing over 100+ lbs and how it has completely transformed my life. I hope my story can inspire and motivate others on their own path to self-discovery and personal growth.

First and foremost, losing such a significant amount of weight undoubtedly changed the way people treated me. Suddenly, I went from feeling invisible to being noticed, and it was a surreal experience. Friends, family, and acquaintances all reacted differently, with many offering compliments and praise for my accomplishment. While it was nice to receive recognition, I also couldn't help but reflect on how shallow some people can be, focusing solely on external appearances.

One of the most unexpected experiences was running into my old middle school bully. Back then, he and his friends made my life miserable with constant insults and threats. I could never eat in front of them because they’d grab whatever I would eat and throw it or spit on it. He would do things like punch me then say that I shouldn’t even feel it because of all the “cushion” I had. When I saw him again, I wasn't sure how to react. Surprisingly, he approached me with an apology, claiming he changed and even started complimenting my change in appearance. It was nice but deep down, I couldn't forget the pain he caused me. At the second time I saw him again, he asked me out and when I said no he went back to how he was before. Saying things like oh you think you’re all that now that you lost weight, cussing me out, etc etc.. There will be people like this but the best thing we can do is to just not let that negativity be in your life. Don’t dwell on their harsh words, these are people who have their own insecurities and take it out on others.

As I reflected on my own transformation, I realized that the most significant change wasn't how others treated me, but how I treated people and myself. Before my weight loss journey, I carried a lot of insecurities and constantly assumed the worst in people's opinions about me. I would shy away from social situations, believing I was undesirable and unlikable. However, losing weight taught me that my self-worth shouldn’t be tied to a number on the scale or praises from others.

With newfound confidence and self-acceptance, I became more outgoing and open to forming connections with others. Instead of expecting the worst, I started to see the good in people and embraced the diversity of personalities around me. I realized that beauty lies not just in physical appearances but in the uniqueness of each individual's character.

I liked to joke a lot back then saying, “I would never lose weight because I never lose. I’m a winner 🤩😎,” but yk yea I lost all that weight for my health but I gained so much more. I gained this newfound happiness and the ability to do many things I could only dream of doing that my previous physical and mental state prevented me from ever trying.

Of course, the transformation wasn't easy, and it's still an ongoing process. I still have days when self-doubt creeps in, but I’m learning to be kinder to myself. My weight loss journey has shown me the power of perseverance and how investing in self-improvement can lead to a more fulfilling life.

For anyone out there struggling with weight, body image, or self-esteem, I want you to know that you are worthy, lovable, and deserving of happiness at any size. Don't let others define your worth, and remember that the most important relationship you'll ever have is the one with yourself. Be kind to yourself and others, and embrace the journey of self-discovery with open arms.

Thank y’all for being a source of inspiration and support throughout my journey. Let's all keep growing and uplifting each other!

Stay positive, stay kind, and stay true to yourself! 🤍💪🏼

TL;DR: I lost over 100+ lbs, and it changed how people treated me. I learned the most significant change was in how I treated people and myself. I became more outgoing and empathetic, no longer expecting the worst in everyone. Self-acceptance and kindness led to a more fulfilling life. Your feelings of self-worth shouldn’t be tied to appearance, and you deserve happiness at any size.

submitted by /u/CompleteFlower5929
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BML32RW

No comments:

Post a Comment