Sunday, July 16, 2023

Complete Weightloss Plateau, Need Advice [M23, 5'7”, 91.5kg]

Hi, sorry if this is a common post, but I need some advice. Throwaway account because my friends know my main reddit account and I'd be incredibly embarrassed if they saw this.

For context, before the pandemic I was around 50-60 kg. I was diagnosed with severe depression and was put on antidepressants. Since that point, my weight exploded, and I doubled my body weight. My whole body became covered in awful red stretch marks which only made me feel worse for myself, I didn't and don't binge eat, and ate the same meals as my family who are all quite skinny, but my metabolism seemed to plummet to a crawl. I'm a CompSci student, so my life is quite sedentary, and due to my depression and other mental issues, I have very bad agoraphobia which means it's difficult to get outside to exercise.

Recently I started intermittent fasting at 16-8 intially, before going up to 20-4. Within a few weeks I had lost 8 kg and was overjoyed with the results, but the weight loss became slower and slower, and then eventually it's completely plateaued. Over an entire month of fasting, I didn't lose even .1kg. I haven't gained weight back but it's extremely disheartening. Should I move on to calorie counting alongside the fasting? I can't afford expensive exercise equipment so at most I can do indoor cardio. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm losing hope.

submitted by /u/LoseWeightThrowaway3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/R4V1C0E

No comments:

Post a Comment