Saturday, July 15, 2023

Small steps, big goals

Hi all! I am working on changing my lifestyle one small step at a time. I have tried drastic dieting in the past and was succesful to a point, but always gained the weight right back plus a little extra. This time I am focussing on small steps at a time, and am also working on things that don't involve weight loss. This past week my first small step was to not buy food or drinks at the train station during my commute. I also decided to only have two "extra" snack moments in the week and to think more critically about the things I eat. The third thing was to stop adding sugar in my coffee. I am shocked to have realized that by doing these small thing I have in just one week recognized so many moments when I would usually go for an unhealthy snack (but didn't get it this time :) ). Like there are at least 10 times where I would usually grab something unhealthy outside of my regular meals. I am proud of myself for not falling into those habbits this time, but also a bit dissapointed in myself for creating those habbits in the first place.

The upcoming weeks/months I going tonwork on keeping this up but also want to include these additional small steps (not all weight loss related):

Walk 10000 steps a day Work on portion sizes Invest more time in skin care and dental health Less screen time Find a sport I like Eat vegetarian for 70% of my meals Learn to cook more healthy dishes Improve my sleep schedule

I'll probably think of more along the way.

There is no real point for this post, just to vent a little :) time to sleep now, so it can take a while for me to reply.

submitted by /u/varia_denksport
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4gcJAsI

No comments:

Post a Comment