Thursday, July 20, 2023

Healthy Summer Road Trip Goals

Hey all! I have a two week road trip planned and I'm hoping to make it a healthy one, where I more or less stick to my exercise and nutrition goals. Even if I lose no weight, but avoid weight gain, that would be ideal.

Often, for road trips I would aim to eat all sorts of food like fish and chips, since we will be by the ocean, and drink beer from all the local breweries. Here's what I think I could aim for on this trip instead:

  • Go for a run in as many new and beautiful places as possible
  • Try lots of different coffees
  • Visit a Japanese teahouse
  • Buy fruit from the roadside fruit stands
  • Stop for disc golf at lots of different courses. ( My husband plays seriously; I usually just walk around and look for interesting mushrooms to take photos of.)
  • Try to walk as much as possible in place of driving.
  • Order local seafood: oysters, sushi, seared fish, shrimp. Skip the fries.
  • Buy healthy breakfast groceries so we only need to eat out for dinner. This should leave me more time to fit in a run in the morning.
  • Stop at a brewery now and then, but split a flight of beer with my husband. It ends up being about 8oz of beer each, and you get to taste 4 kinds.

What fun things do you guys do on a vacation / road trip that also happen to support your weight loss and maintenence goals?

submitted by /u/ItRhymesWithPenny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LiujUDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment