Thursday, July 13, 2023

I want to lose weight. Do you think these ideas sound okay?

20F, 5'7, SW: 170lbs [12st + 2lbs], GW: 140lbs [10st]

For the last couple years, since starting university, I've paid a lot less attention to what I've been eating, which has translated into putting on the pounds. That doesn't bother me too much. However, the fact that my gorgeous clothes no longer fit me does. I do not have the money to replace perfectly good clothes, nor do I want to accept my larger body as my new normal. So, onto my ideas for weight loss!

I would love some feedback on whether those ideas sound good or not - this will be my first time trying to lose weight in 2 years now so I am, by no means, an expert:

So, I feel like weight loss is relatively simple - you just need a good calorie deficit. The mental side of it is going to be a lot more challenging. I definitely eat when I'm stressed or bored, which is something I need to combat. So far, my ideas include: going on walks and taking a book with me, so I'm out of the house and away from the fridge; studying in the library, instead of my bedroom, so I have a change of scenery and am, again, away from the fridge; wearing 'tighter' clothes when I am home, to dissuade me from eating more food than I need.

As far as diet goes, I already drink 2ls water a day. I take iron, vitamin C and vitamin D (I have anaemia). The main issue I have is eating too much. I snack throughout the day, almost mindlessly - ice-cream, chocolates, crisps. When it comes to main meals, I use big plates. It's almost like I have no concept of correct portions. In terms of ways to correct this, I feel like staying out of the house more (and away from the fridge) would be okay. Also, I think that using smaller plates would be good, so the portion looks 'big' to me, even if it's actually smaller than I'm used to.

Now,...exercise? I don't know how to work out at all. I do a little bit of yoga every morning, just to stretch my back. That's about it. If you know any good YT channels to check out, for some light exercises I could fit into my morning routine, that would be appreciated a lot. :)

submitted by /u/emerald_sweetheart
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Pq2scUp

No comments:

Post a Comment