Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I am so mad right now!!

I am so angry with myself right now, lol. My story will be short, I promise.

So I weighed myself on Mother's Day of this year, I am 46 yrs old, 5'9". The scale said 241.2.

I looked at it and said 'nope.' So I started my weight loss journey with two initial goals.

  1. Get down to 220 by fourth of July weekend.
  2. Get down to 200 by Labor Day weekend.

My plan was pretty simple. Watch what I eat, eat clean, exercise (I started walking about 3 miles/day. Now I bike about 7 miles/day). Cut added sugar down to 10 grams/day. Which was hard, but now it's almost a second nature to check for sugar. And that was it.

I typically hover in the 220 range, +/- a few pounds, but this last winter I blew up. A lot of bad food, a lot of booze, and not much exercise.

I downloaded and, yes, pay $80/yr for the My Fitness Pal app. I like the mechanics of it, so I'm fine with the cost. Anyway, I reached my fourth of July goal. I weighed in at 219.6.

I was ecstatic! But now it's July 18th and I weigh 221.3. For a week now I've been reading articles about getting past the dreaded plateau. I checked all the boxes, or so I thought. Increase exercise- check, drink plenty of water - check, eat at a calorie deficit- check, ect...

Then, the other day I found this subreddit. Started reading some posts about the plateau and how to overcome it. On one of them, someone (sorry I don't remember who or I would thank you) posted a link to a TDEE calculator. I went to it, put in my NEW goal stats of 200 lbs.

And guess what? I never updated my fitness apps goal! So I've been eating at or 1-200 calories above/below my maintenance calorie level! Ugh.

And now I begin again with a new calorie intake amount based on my next goal.

So...for everyone in a weight loss plateau, make sure you are not eating yourself into it, like me. Lol

submitted by /u/chocolatelab1010
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7J4bLSh

No comments:

Post a Comment