Monday, July 17, 2023

Not sure if I should eat more

TLDR: should I switch my snacks for protein or even up my calorie count a little?

Hi, since the start of the year I've been on slimfast - at first it was a bit of a struggle as I didn't have a routine and I was still cooking fairly unhealthy meals for my family.

I don't know what happened but I decided to take my weight loss seriously, and over the last couple months I've lost 28 pounds (2 stone) and 50 since the beginning of the year.

I'm male, 6ft 2 and now almost 300 pounds exactly. My next goal is 250. The problem is that although my weight loss is noticeable, where is was once solid my belly and legs are really flabby.

For the past week I've ramped up my exercise (mostly bodyweight exercise, dumbells and walking) but I don't know if I'm getting enough protein for me to increase my muscle mass.

I'm drinking 2 slimfast shakes a day, eating an evening meal of around 900 calories (usually 120ish grams of lean beef mince or chicken) and sometimes a yogurt or a bit of cheese as a snack alongside some fruit.

That comes to around 1700 calories a day, a lot of the time its less than 1500 but I do eat a bit more on the weekends (around 2500).

If I were to switch my 300 calorie snacks to entirely protein, would that be enough to build or at least maintain muscle mass - or should I be eating more protein, would a couple eggs a day work?

I don't mind if my weight loss rate decreases slightly, I gather that it's easier to start working on toning now rather than after I've lost all the weight.

Another thing that I should mention is that I currently use Hello Fresh during the week, which has suited me perfectly as I only really have to make decisions about food once a week.

submitted by /u/SheffMTG
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JBq4fsX

No comments:

Post a Comment