Thursday, July 13, 2023

Possible to re-lose all the weight I've gained? (re: metabolic adaptation)

Hi all, I had a wonderful but hard weight loss journey from 03/2022 until 03/2023. I went from 135 pounds to 105 pounds (I am 5'2), and I was eating 1350 - 1400 calories a day at maintenance, so I never felt hungry! I had one cheat day a month and always appreciated it and enjoyed it.

In March, three things happened: 1) I got on Lexapro, 2) I got a really bad case of COVID-19 and 3) my job became extremely stressful. I work for a startup, and the CEO is extremely toxic. As a result of all of this, I started to binge eat as a coping mechanism. I was eat large amounts of food overnight and not sure why. I saw my doctor and he mentioned that Lexapro impacts your serotonin levels, so that has an impact on your appetite. I got off Lexapro a month and a half later, but the habit of binge eating remainder. It improved, so I wasn't eating AS MUCH but still, it was happening.

I started to gain weight back gradually, and I'm now 10 pounds heavier (115 - 116 pounds). I still look good and healthy, but I don't appreciate the "loss of control eating". I read Brain over Binge, I am working with a therapist, and I'm working to heal my relationship with the habit before I go back to losing weight.

My question is: is it ever possible to get back to the weight range I was at before the binge eating started or have I ruined my metabolism with all this binge-eating?

submitted by /u/Ok-Presentation-8905
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YMcyOjo

No comments:

Post a Comment