Thursday, July 20, 2023

What Are Cheap, Non-Perishable Meal Prep Ideas? (Especially Protein for Vegetarians?)

So I'm noticing that I'm off the weight loss horse via not wanting to cook. The meals I usually make are pretty easy, but i always resort to already made meals that are packaged and belong to my family. (And I feel guilty about it because I'd never buy it myself due to budget.) I'm guessing this is because of convenience, but also because I don't like the weighing of food an inopportune times every single time I want a meal. I also noticed I forget to eat and end up binging in the late evening/night on absolute crap like lavash bread. Just plain lavash bread.

Currently, I have a collection of:

- A lot of eggs.

- Low cal cheese for omelettes.

- A reliable supply of tomatoes. (Borrow from family.)

- A variety of hot sauces.

- Frozen veggie mix.

- A collection of protein powders packets (self made,) I usually combine with ice cream to make a diet ice cream shake. (For emergency binge situations.)

- Frozen berries that I layer with ice cream. (Problem here is I don't usually stop with the plain ice cream sometimes, but ok if I don't touch it from the get go.)

- Some popcorn packets. (That are a bit to small and the other nice brand is somehow less quality. I'l have to buy that in another area soon.)

- Protein rich peanut butter.

- Ingredients for seitan, but no functional oven. I do have a mini oven and an air frier though. Just not sure if its worth using materials on.)

Aaaand...I think that it?

For reference I eat 1,200 Cal a day and hence distribute my meals by max 400 Cal. Keep in mind that sometimes I use a collection of snacks as a meal, especially something like popcorn, where the volume is satiating. The other part that's important is some protein since I struggle with that one. A combination of protein and volume would be great.

Anything you would recommend to buy or make that is generally cheap and can last at least 3 days? (Maybe a week if Im ok on skimming quality?)

submitted by /u/Fr0gg033
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/i6cgspF

No comments:

Post a Comment