Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Really struggling with weight loss

Hi everyone, I need some help or advise. Just for some context I am a 21 m, 6ft, South Asian American, and 230lbs now. I first started going to the gym when I was 17, 4 years ago, and I was about 230 lbs back then. I was able to drop down to 178lbs at my lowest. That took about 9 months. Soon after than I gained my weight back slowly and was 220lbs in March of 2022. I was able to lose about 20 lbs again and drop to 200lbs and since then I am back to 230lbs. Basically when I stop working out seriously and give up my diet I gain weight, as expected. I will say that I am fairly muscular, and I am pretty athletic but I have probably a solid 30-40 lbs that I wanna lose. Both times that I lost weight I literally had to starve my self. I would go to the gym, life for 40 mins and cardio for 40 mins ( 3 speed, 15 incline) but would eat only 1 meal a day. So about 500-600 calories a day. I literally don’t lose weight unless I starve myself. And I started going to the gym again since May, and I gained 10 pounds (220 -> 230). From May to July I tried to eat around 1000 calories because my old diet was obviously very unhealthy. But I j seemed to gain 10 pounds. Now since July I tried going back to the extreme. Same amount of exercise as before, 40 mins weight lifting and 40 mins cardio, but less calories. Now I only drink a cup of coffee in the morning (100 calories) and 5 oz of Pasta with marinara and 5 oz of grilled chicken with a 84g of reduced fat Walmart Mexican blend cheese. I also take 5g of creatine everyday. That’s roughly 500-600 calories a day. But I am still 230 lbs. the main areas of my fat are my belly, thighs and butt. If I could lose anything I would love to lose my butt, it looks so unnatural, especially for a guy. Any advise would help. If you need anymore info please let me know. Thanks for reading my rant.

submitted by /u/ThatOneBrownKid_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vdjCKDa

No comments:

Post a Comment