Saturday, July 29, 2023

crash dieting messed up my relationship with food

when i (20M) was in high school, i was about 200 pounds at my peak. i decided to take initiative and focus on losing weight, but being the young, motivated but ignorant teen i was, i didn’t understand how to lose fat without sacrificing food or muscle. the first time was summer break before junior year where i was eating 1000 calories or less a day and playing basketball for atleast 4 hours 5-6x a week. when i hit my lowest weight, i was 157 during my senior year and was eating around 1000 calories while working out even more throughout the day, and hour of intense cardio in the morning and lifted weights after school. i was making strides physically. i was getting faster, my stamina was excellent, and my clothing size went down significantly, but even during my lowest weight i still felt like i was the fattest person alive. one day during class i almost passed out because i was waiting for lunch break, and at the time i had thought it was a normal reaction for someone losing weight. now im on my fourth weight loss journey, starting from the beginning of july, and i constantly find myself calculating my daily intake over and over again and overestimating calories. i’m slowly getting a bit better at not overreacting and overthinking after a small binge, i even had a huge cheat day during my maintenance week and didnt affect my mental at all. but regardless, im here to tell you that its VITAL to understand and study how to approach fat loss properly so it doesnt warp your view of how food works like it happened to me. learn to love food, dont be scared to eat, and you can definitely find healthier alternatives but make sure to not outright reject food, because at the end of the day, you need fuel to make your body operate properly.

submitted by /u/gammxnao
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/eYtpo02

No comments:

Post a Comment