Sunday, July 16, 2023

Realizing I'm Still Not Happy, Even Though I Thought I Had Lost Enough Weight

Hey y'all, I've had some thoughts on my mind lately and needed a place to put them out there. For some background, I started my weight loss journey in August 2021, so I'm coming up on 2 years now. Since then, I've lost 72lbs, went from a BMI of 38 down to 26, and dropped from a size 20 to a size 12. For a while, I was content with my weight loss. I've forged a healthy relationship with food that I didn't have before. I can eat what I like without eating too much or telling myself I'm doing a bad thing. Overall, I'm really proud of my progress, but I'm still not quite to my goal weight. I haven't visited the gym since May, I've gotten busy with 2 jobs and I thought, since I'm not regaining any of the old weight, I could take a break. I'm back now with renewed motivation, because I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel like I can see my progress. Now, I don't feel like the number on the scale is what matters, while I could still use to lose another 15 or so pounds, I really just want to shape myself better. I'll prove to myself that I can balance an active life with my 2 jobs, and I hope that by doing that, I'll finally feel satisfied with myself. I don't know what exactly I get out of posting my thoughts to Reddit, but I'm hoping that by making my new goal public, maybe it'll give me the accountability I need to pull myself back into the momentum I had going last year.

submitted by /u/blackberrylatte16
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6bp1Xf3

No comments:

Post a Comment