Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Feeling really down/angry at partner during weight loss

Hey y’all, I don’t post often on Reddit so I apologize if this post is a bit off and y’all can point me to a more appropriate subreddit. Anyways, I’m really upset with my boyfriend regarding my weight loss journey. I’m 28, 5’2 and 170 pounds, I know I’m chunky but I personally don’t feel like I’m obese like the BMI chart says I am. To me I look cute, before I met my boyfriend my highest adult weight was 180 pounds, I still felt cute but I knew that was dangerously close to 200 pounds and I needed to get it together. I lost 20 pounds, gained 10 back and have regulated my weight of 170 for 3 years. My boyfriend met me 2 years ago at 170 and I have stayed that weight for since day one, my license and medical records have stated that weight since we got together. The reason I give this back story is bc 8 months ago my bf and I had this really bad argument and he stated that he felt like my gut hangs out when I wear certain tops. That comment was crushing so I thought I would lose some weight bc even though I thought I was cute and I thought he thought I cute it turns out I was wrong so I decided to make a change, I eat differently now and exercise 3-5 times a week, my weight hasn’t budged at all but I feel like I look smaller (if anything I feel like I look worse honestly like I lost extra weight from everywhere but my stomach and now I feel like my stomach sticks out way more and it makes me feel so ugly) but we keep arguing about my weight and exercising. He’s an active guy but I hate exercising and it’s chore to me so I only do it during the week after work so I have my weekends free. He wants to go to the gym together on the weekends and this just annoys the shit out of me, I already do this crap after work I don’t want to do it on the days I have off. He also doesn’t say anything positive ever, like I can’t tell if he thinks I’m more or less attractive now. I just don’t know what to do anymore bc it feels like he wants me to be 120 pounds but like I don’t even care about being that small, I actually like the way I look and really don’t feel like I need to lose weight bc I feel healthy and strong. Has anyone ever had this issue?

submitted by /u/Careless_Piccolo3030
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ms9Z1W3

No comments:

Post a Comment