Sunday, July 30, 2023

I’m (22F) receiving male attention for the first time in my life after losing 50lbs and I don’t know how to handle it

Idk if it’s the right sub to post this but I feel like there might be some people who’d relate to my words here and maybe share some advice.

I’ve (22F) always been overweight, shy and insecure. Especially around guys, mainly because boys used to make fun of my weight when I was little so I distanced myself from them to avoid being picked on. I have never had guy friends, not in high school, not at different jobs, not college, not everywhere. Never dated anyone either. Of course it was easy for my girl friends to say that the reason why is because I am insecure and not putting myself out there, which is true, but I always knew it was more than that. The harsh reality is that most guys who don’t find you attractive simply don’t care about getting to know you or even respect you as a person. Now that I am 50lbs lighter, I am constantly getting hit on at work and even have 3 guy friends. I am by no means any more confident because of my weight loss, because I have social anxiety so it’s not like I am acting any different around guys. It’s just that now guys are interested in what I have to say, and I am not complaining, I just literally don’t know how to act around guys. I didn’t even realize I was getting hit on a few times until it kicked in hours later when I recapped the conversations. I am simply not used to it. And now that I feel more confident in my body I do want to start dating, but I just feel so awkward whenever guys talk to me. I even lied a couple of times that I have a boyfriend when guys asked for my number or my Instagram, even though they seemed nice and I wanted to get to know them. Are there any people here who share a similar experience? Any tips?

submitted by /u/52182
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/n8qcEgY

No comments:

Post a Comment