Saturday, July 22, 2023

MacroFactor

I've been watching Jeff Nippard's videos over the years and recently he mentioned MacroFactor. It's a weight loss app similar to MyFitnessPal where you track your weight, log the food you've eaten, and upload progress pictures.

However, where MacroFactor differs is it's "check in" mechanic. Unlike MyFitnessPal, which gives you a very rigid set of macro and calorie restrictions, MacroFactor "learns" from what you eat and how much weight/body fat you lose in order to calculate expenditure.

Jeff is an Investor in MacroFactor and says that it uses a combination of algorithm and AI-based decisions in order to identify what your true caloric expenditure is. This number is completely dynamic, and it moves up and down every day, stabilising after roughly 3 weeks of constant logging.

It also provides weekly check in sessions where the app reviews your progress and readjusts your macros to better fit your circumstances. The app is paid, but since I started using it a month ago, I've lost 9lbs (I started 16% bodyfat, 180lbs. Now down to 171lbs, 14.8% body fat). I'm using it to get down to roughly 12.5% body fat.

I think the fact i'm paying for it makes me more inclined to record everything. But if you're struggling with focus, give MacroFactor a try. The UI is a little funny but you get used to it. Took me about a week to get into the groove.

submitted by /u/ske66
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hSiX9H4

No comments:

Post a Comment