Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Home stretch plateau: how to get the last 10-20% of the weight off?

Basically, I’ve had a huge weight loss, but my rate of loss has significantly slowed down. People who’ve lost 100+ lbs in the past - how did you get the last pounds off?

In brief, it’s been a 15 month, life changing journey - see flair and snapshot from my Luuze app: https://imgur.com/a/awhm0Sf.

Back in April 2022 I decided that I wanted to be a healthy weight by my 40th birthday, so I aimed for 180, or a 22.5 BMI, the mid-range “healthy weight”. I’m aware that BMI isn’t everything, but it gave me a guideline.

I started doing a lot of cardio, reducing carbs, focusing on low calorie density foods, cutting processed/fast food, watching calories (but not full-on CICO). The weight rolled off at first, there were plateaus here and there, but the a strong downward trend was always there. I had a goal to lose 2lbs a week, and some months I lost twice that. At one point I was 25lbs ahead of my goal.

About 6 months ago, I started serious strength training every other day. I’m getting some real muscle definition for the first time in my life.

The weight loss gap has quickly closed as I reach the home stretch. I’ve lost 127lbs, have 27 to go, and I’m literally exactly on target. In the past month, however, I’ve only lost about 2.5lbs. I really liked feeling “ahead of the game” but now I’m just barely on track.

Looking for tips on getting the final 27 lbs off. Thinking I might have to try intermittent fasting, or really watching CICO, which I’ve never really done before.

Thanks for any help and discussion!

submitted by /u/CassCat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/F0NzVO4

No comments:

Post a Comment