Tuesday, July 18, 2023

UPDATE: I’m back, wasn’t able to maintain - 1 year later

Hello! Some may recognize the title from this https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wnpr4c/im_back_wasnt_able_to_maintain/ post from a year ago. I’m back after a long year and am pleased to say that since my last post I have lost almost 30 kilograms! I must say that this time around the journey felt like it took forever, but I am getting close to my goal weight, so that is definitely something to celebrate. Here is the face progress: https://imgur.com/a/BoXeiIq It is definitely a mental struggle. Going in this loop of losing and gaining. Every time I got back up, the road ahead seemed more difficult to traverse. But we can never give up on our dream of being at a healthy weight. Today, I am closer to my dream than when I made my original post one year ago. This weight loss journey will be my last, and I will make sure of that.

This time around, I learned from my past mistakes and changed some things. But no tips or advice will get you to your goal if your mental health isn't where it needs to be. You have to be able to push through the hard parts of the weight loss journey, and even in failure, you have to keep trying. Weight loss is mostly a mental game. Your brain is actively trying to sabotage your progress at any given time, and you have to realize this. Only when your mental health is where it needs to be will the odds be in your favor. So please seek therapy if you need it. Besides the mental aspect, here are a couple of things that helped me this time around. - I started weighing myself every day. I found this helpful because it desensitized me to the negative feelings my brain associated with the weight on the scale. Weighing yourself every day will provide vastly different results based on a lot of different factors; day-to-day weighing is not reliable. Only through weekly averages will you see your true progress. So keep that in mind. - I ate less sugar. Big surprise, eating sugar is not only bad for you, but it suppresses the feeling of fullness, among other things. Decreasing sugar helped me feel less hungry. - I stopped stressing about being "perfect". As a consequence, I have periods of weeks when I don't lose much, but because I am okay with that, I don't fall of the wagon because of it. - Take loads of pictures of yourself. Even though it might feel like we have a start and an end to weight loss, when you are at 50% of your goal, you will also see that in your progress. Think of it as being 50% healthier or looking 50% better. You can be proud of your progress and enjoy your achievements at any point in your journey!

For the curious, I lost weight by just plain old calorie counting. Nothing fancy :)

And thank you loads for all the kind comments in my first post! I will make one final update when I am done and have maintained it for a while. Till then!

submitted by /u/BacktoC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NIlQ4Cj

No comments:

Post a Comment