Sunday, July 30, 2023

Activity Level and TDEE - i don't understand!!

Hi all

Long story short i'm a short woman (5'2) with PCOS who's already almost 80% through her weight loss. because of my PCOS, i've found that i need to be in a deficit of 600 calories to lose 1.6kg per month. Because i'm short, i cant cut my calories any lower now without negative consequences (i already tried lol) so i'm trying to lose the last 20% by incorporating exercise and movement into my daily life so i can eat a bit more and still lose weight.

Currently i'm walking 5k steps every day (which takes me an hour), and 5 days a week i'm doing 30minutes of exercise (cardio to sustain heart rate above 150bpm for the full 30mins). I've recalculated my TDEE and put my activity level in as 'moderate: exercise 4-5 days a week' which has allowed me to eat 200 more calories than i was before while remaining in a 500-600 calorie deficit (depending on the calculator used).

i now eat 1300 calories per day instead of 1100. eating this little bit more has greatly improved my mental health and mood, however i now always feel a bit hungry and VERY sleepy, which i NEVER experienced at all in my weight loss so far. i've had bloodwork done (unrelated) and everything was fine there.

Am i meant to be eating back some of the calories burned in exercise too? i thought that the increase in TDEE was meant to account for the increased exercise? am i inputting the wrong exercise level? in my opinion the daily hour spent doing 5k steps doesnt count as exercise because it doesnt elevate my heart rate much (my resting bpm is ~80bpm and when i do my 5k steps it only raises to about ~100bpm). so i've only been counting the 30mins cardio 5 days a week as my activity level.

i've lead a very sedentary life for the past 3 years, so i'm lacking perspective. is it normal to just feel sleepy all the time when you're more active? or am i using the wrong activity level? input is welcome!

submitted by /u/AureliaBloom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VHCjx7D

No comments:

Post a Comment