Saturday, July 15, 2023

Hi, My Expierence with Weight Loss Medications.

19 years ago I went to a weightloss Dr. They catered to those who needed to trim up and be skinny. Medications and shots were all the rage then. The person who referred me had lost alot of weight and they were happy with the loses over the last few years. She referred me ( she received a referral week free). We went one saturday morning after openly talking about this, to this Drs office that was packed end to end. It was a whole thing. At the time I was 24ish years old? .... After abourt 3hours of waiting, I was weighed in and shown to be above my weight at around 240ish lbs ( duh, Yes i was over weight at 5'7). They logged my stats, gave me a whole chart, administered a b12 shot in the back of my arm...then prescribed me 30mg capsule of Phentermine to be taken daily, which was at that moment givent to me orally. I also was given a half tablet of HCTZ which is a diuretic. I took them right there with a whole swig of Apple Juice and Went on my way with instructions to come back each saturday to be given my next weeks dose, along with my b12 shot and the other half of the diuretic. It worked. This was about January/february of 2005 ....and over the next few months into October I lost immensely . I had alot more lbs to lose , i was then upped to 37.5mgs in the morning, no later than 9 am and around 12-3pm a 15mg tablet. I lost continuously. At over almost 2yrs out.... having been prescribed this Medication, I did have a few weeks of usage between and stopped . I went back after I had my Last child in 2008. Was put on the same regimen and lbs fell off. Then About 8-9 months later, weight stopped moving ....I was then prescribed 30mg at 7am...30 mg at 12-2pm and 30mg again 4-6pm. It worked I dropped so fast....was super energetic and could move the world. I started to taper my doses, since they were tablets. I started gaining back up....was super tired...and was soooo off. I asked them to taper me off again more gradually and they said that any slower that it might affect me. .. Welp .. It did make me sick. Seratonin syndrome.... I had to learn how to deal and coped. During this time I learned so much ( having not actually researched this medication in the early 2000s but in mid/late 2010s realized exactly its power.) Sadly , Here and now I still continuoulsy find out how amazing and addictive this Weightloss drug is. For some it didnt work , for me it did. I was told there were others that were taking higher doses of this medication in addition to other WLs meds that boosted it . I went off of it and had to deal with the cray regain, ended up choosing to eventually get Weight loss surgery (again have battled my weight my whole life) and now and am comfortably living way below 8 years later. However, I now am now on phentermine again, which helps with my cravings, daily mood and is again making me happily and slowly lose weight. I will not go over my daily doses, nor will be persuaded to go any higher. This 30 mg per day is perfect and It helps me stay level, 8 yeers after Weight loss surgery. I'll just say, sometimes you do need a bit of help.... sometimes you're are fucked over. I now know a reputable office that is using this medication for thier patients instead of taking advantadge of their overweight patients and taking them for thier worth. Yes, even if you have weight loss surgery , you still struggle with Eating disorders. Some can get past it ... some still deal with this on the daily. If you are , please reach out ...I can help.

submitted by /u/iamthatkarma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pu7iANc

No comments:

Post a Comment