Saturday, July 8, 2023

My weight loss journal.

Hi. This is my weight loss journal to hopefully help others and to keep myself accountable. I plan to post here every/most days about how well (or terrible) I ate and keep track of weight.

A little history about me, I'm a 35 year old male, happily married, and 2 kiddos. I've been somewhat bigger my entire life. I reached my peak weight in 2011-2013 times at a recorded 309lbs although I am more than certain I got up to 320-330 at one point but I rarely weighed due to trying to protect myself from seeing that. Fast forward to 2015, I was getting married that Oct. and didn't want to look huge in the pictures so 3 months before the wedding, I got a personal trainer and got to work. My goal was 30lbs in 3 months. My wedding day arrived and I had lost 25lbs. I was a little disappointed I didn't reach my goal but I was pretty proud of myself considering I wasn't perfect with my eating so that extra 5lbs wasn't too big of a deal. After the wedding, for the next 5 years, I wouldn't say I got addicted but I got into the habit of losing weight and the life style had taken over and I got down to 190lbs with approximately 21% body fat. I went from a 48-50 pant size to a 32-34.

Then covid hit and the gym shutdown and here we are. I got lazy and today I weighed in at 220lbs. Seeing that second "2" really hurt for some reason. I'm back into some of my old eating habits and I'm not a gym member anymore (along with working from home permanently which doesn't help).

Today starts a new day.

GOALS:
Calories per day: 1,800. (not counting macros at this point)
Weight loss per week: 1lb - 1.5lbs
Workout 2-3 times a week. (I have a few things to workout with at home)
Mini-Goal: 215lbs. by August 5th.
OVERALL Goal: 195lbs by end of October.

If you made it this far, sorry for boring you. lol. If you have any suggestions for home workouts or some good recipes, send'em my way!

I will also get some "before" pics too.

submitted by /u/Baoontester
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iQHIrj5

No comments:

Post a Comment