Sunday, July 9, 2023

Trauma and weight loss

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any success stories or advice for me, as I’m feeling pretty down right now.

(TW SA and ~ED)

A year and a half ago I was in a really good place. I was 175 pounds, which was a weight I felt mostly comfortable in as a pretty tall female college athlete. I was recovered from my ED, performing well in my sport, and doing great socially.

Then I got into a relationship with a guy who was literally the worst. Cheated on me multiple times (and I stayed with him), manipulated me, threatened to off himself if I didnt give him my full attention 100% of the time, the works. He cut me off from all of my friends essentially and the six months we were together were difficult for me, but I didn’t realize it at the time. He left the country in June 2022, so we broke up.

Throughout that process I had gained about 15 pounds, but didnt think too too much of it. Then in november, he came back to the US to visit, and long story short ended up SAing me. This caused me to spiral, having panic attacks daily, failing my classes, and starting to decline in my sport. This really led to me gaining weight, and now I’m the biggest I’ve ever been, at 210 pounds, 35 pounds heavier than I was before I met this guy.

TLDR, I’m feeling really dejected and was wondering if anyone else has been through something similar and has advice. my confidence is at an all time low because of my weight and the SA.

submitted by /u/No_Library_3806
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/R1WL4Gc

No comments:

Post a Comment