Saturday, September 9, 2023

Any idea what I should be doing?

Hello everyone,

I'm honestly feeling very discouraged and disappointed at the moment and I can really use an advice.

I'm a 29 year old male, 5 ft 11 and now back at 255 lbs.

I would give myself a pat on the back and say I had a pretty good weight loss journey but now it looks like everything is going down the drain.

Back in February 2019 I was 320 lbs, that's when I started my weight loss journey. I followed a strict low calories diet where most my consumption were salad, grilled meat,chicken, fish and some fruits. With the help of some light physical exercising (mostly walking) I reached 240 lbs by July 2019 and that's when I stopped losing weight (I took into accounts that my body is lighter and needed less calories) and nothing seemed to help until I started low carb.

Buy the beginning of 2020 I was down to 200 lbs that's when I thought I can go back to eating normally. Still being mindful of my calories intake and taken into consideration the water retention I was back to 240 lbs in 5 weeks.

So I went back on low carbs took me another 6 months and I was sitting comfortably for 2 months at 190 lbs while still on low carbs.

I guess you can see a pattern by now, I would ditch low carb gain 20-25 pounds in weeks then go back on low carb and lose them in a couple of months.

Well that isn't working anymore. I was constantly on low carb diet and calories deficit I was keeping check my ketones levels and I was indeed in ketosis but I'm not losing any weight.

I broke my low carb diet because I've been planning on doing some tests and gained even more weight.

Any advice if I should see an endocrinologist or any other type of doctor and what tests I should make?

submitted by /u/KleenexBilly94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SpRFxkI

No comments:

Post a Comment