Sunday, September 3, 2023

Calories in, calories out?

I’ve been on my weight loss journey for about 6 months now, I’ve lost a little over 20lbs in this time. I’ve tracked my calories for most of this time and it’s worked well, though I’m curious - everyone says a pound of fat is equivalent to 3500 calories, but does that mean that eating an extra 3500 calories will result in the addition of a pound of fat to your body?

Like for example, my goal is to lose a pound per week, so my calorie deficit is 500 calories per day. Let’s say one day in the week I overeat by 3500 calories (The Cheesecake Factory will do that to you lol), does that then negate the caloric deficit and place me at a state of maintenance?

Or if I’m eating at maintenance and then one day eat 3500 calories extra, would that then result in the addition of a pound of fat on my body?

My instinct says it would mostly be excess water retention and glycogen weight that would be easily shed by continuing the caloric deficit, though I’m no scientist.

submitted by /u/danqestmemes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ev5Hm9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment