Monday, September 4, 2023

I'm twenty-two, female, 5'6 and 290LBs. Looking for ways to lose a decent amount of weight so I can be healthier for my partner and possible children in the future.

I am 22F, 5'6, 290LB/ 131KG with a very sensitive stomach. Doctors diagnosed it under the blanket IBS without any tests, as they normally do. Over the last few months, I have been a bit more conscience about what I've been eating by limiting things in my diet that are known to be digestive irritants. It's worked with my stomach pain and people are commenting that I look thinner but I still weigh the same.

During my younger teens, I was on the smaller side and didn't gain a lot weight until puberty. I went from 160 to 230 in four-ish months in Summer 2014 and then gained around 60 pounds on top of that over the last 9 years. The weight gain happened while I was still actively in sports during school and out of school. Along with the weight gain, I experienced a sudden growth of my chest. Due to this, doctors have talked to me about the possibility of the weight gain being hormonal (had my thyroid tested and it was fine) . My stomach pain didn't start until about a year or two ago and I now occasionally deal with an intense burning sensation and cramps after eating.

I've tried many diets in the past for weight loss, never really making significant progress. The only time I lost a decent amount was when I completely cut out soda in high school, which I am doing again currently. I've noticed I've been less bloated and overall feel better.

Due to multiple reasons, I cannot work out. I can't exercise extensively or regularly due to lack of time and finances but I can go on occasional walks. I work 32 hours per week and I'm also a part-time artist and student a lot of my spare time is spent doing errands or housework I can't do during the work/ school week. As mentioned, my chest grew a lot (36D to 38K in four years after I stopped growing) and I cannot afford any high quality sports bras, leading to a lot discomfort when I do work out, and I also cannot afford a gym membership/ equipment. Additionally, my college only allows on-campus students and athletes to use the on-campus fitness facilities, neither of which apply to me.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for easy-going exercise that I can do in my house or neighborhood and diets that work well for those with sensitive stomachs/ digestive issues (and doesn't have the time to calorie count/ weigh food).

TLDR; I have stomach issues so dieting is difficult and cannot exercise extensively due to time and money constraints. Looking for advice on diets that work well for both weight loss and sensitive stomachs. Also advice on exercise like walking or yoga for weight loss.

submitted by /u/lemonbooties
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/b80MT2v

No comments:

Post a Comment